Author(s): Dorling Kindersley Travel Staff
A family-focused guidebook to France for traveling with children ages 4 to 12.
DK Eyewitness Travel: Family Guide France offers you the best things to see and do on a family vacation to Paris and the country of France. Each spread bursts with family-focused travel tips and ideas for activities that will engage children, from boat trips along the Canal du Midi in Languedoc-Roussillon to astronomy workshops at Le Pic du Midi de Bigorre in the Pyrenees to discovering the Mus e du Louvre in Paris.
- Each major sight is treated as a "hub" destination, around which to plan a day. Plus, DK's custom illustrations and reconstructions of city sights give real cultural insight.
- "Let off steam" suggestions and eating options around each attraction enable the entire family to recharge.
- Maps outline the nearest parks, playgrounds, and public restrooms.
- "Take shelter" sections suggest indoor activities for rainy days.
- Language section lists essential words and phrases.
- Dedicated "Kids' Corner" features include cartoons, quizzes, puzzles, games, and riddles to inform and entertain young travelers.
- Listings provide family-friendly hotels and dining options.
Written by travel experts and parents who understand the need to keep children entertained while enjoying family time together, DK Eyewitness Travel: Family Guide France offers child-friendly sleeping and eating options, detailed maps of main sightseeing areas, travel information, budget guidance, age-range suitability, and activities for France.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photographs, and illustrations of any guide.