Author(s): Jane Hillsdon
Many regional business owners see marketing as an expense rather than an investment, and if you don't do it well that's exactly what it is. But if you understand what your marketing goals are, who to target, what techniques and messages to use, how to choose the right outlets, and how to position your brand, marketing is an investment in your business that will pay off many times over.
Jane Hillsdon addresses all of these issues in How To Do Marketing, and much more. This is a comprehensive and easy-to-follow guide for regional small business owners who want to learn brave, nimble and clever marketing solutions that leverage out-of-the-box thinking, including:
- working out your marketing goals and matching them to your business goals
- choosing the right media channels
- getting great results on a limited budget
- understanding social media, television, radio and other mediums
- monitoring and maximising the results of your marketing
- getting help if you need it
- taking advantage of the many opportunities in regional areas.
Creative and effective marketing doesn't have to come with a hefty price tag. And working in regional Australia with many local clients, Jane understands the particular challenges that face rural businesses.